NYC: Certify with the City
Make NYC your next customer!
Thanks to a historic MOU between NGLCC and the NYC Department of Small Business Services, your NGLCC LGBT Business Enterprise (LGBTBE) Certification can now be used to help Fast Track your application to become a New York City M/WBE and/or EBE vendor!
The City of New York's certification programs feature the Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) Program, the Emerging Business Enterprise (EBE) Program and the Locally-based Business Enterprise (LBE) Program. They certify, promote, and foster the growth of the City's M/WBEs and eligible small, diverrs-owned businesses.
New and Current NGLCC Certified LGBTBE® suppliers can utilize their existing certification to meet a majority of criteria needed to be certified by NYC's Department of Small Business Services (SBS). The additional information required will be submitted via electronic addendum provided when a supplier begins the online application with the City of New York.
New York City spends up to $17 billion per year on goods and services. Getting certified will help you compete for these opportunities and access exclusive programs to help your small business grow. More than 10,000 businesses currently benefit from New York City Certification, and the City is committed to:
- Award $25 billion in City contracts to M/WBEs by the end of Fiscal Year 2025
- Award 30 percent of the value of City contracts to M/WBEs by the end of Fiscal Year 2021
Get M/WBE and/or LBE certified faster with New York City, if you are already certified with their partners:
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- Women President's Educational Organization (WBENC affiliate)
- New York & New Jersey Minority Supplier Development Council Inc. (NMSDC affiliate)
- Empire State Development Corporation
- New York City School Construction Authority
- Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
Learn more about the City's efforts to ensure minority and women-owned businesses have greater access to public contracting opportunities. Click here to explore other city, county, state, and public agency procurement opportunities that welcome LGBTBE Certification.