nglccNY Biz Pitch
nglccNY & EY Biz Pitch is a 10-minute pitch contest where businesses that are at least 51% LGBT owned and certified by NGLCC have the opportunity to appear before a panel of EY professionals, our Biz Pitch Corporate Partner, to deliver their best professional pitch. nglccNY Biz Pitch is a competition run throughout the year, culminating in prizes for best pitches at the end of the year.
Each business has ten minutes to make its presentation, which should focus on a service and value proposition. Following each presentation, the panel, which is usually comprised of business unit leads, as well as procurement and supplier diversity professionals, will ask questions after the pitch about products/services and then provide constructive feedback on style, content, presentation skill, and communication. In addition, the panel will provide helpful tips to improve upon any visual assets that are used during the pitch.
The program’s mission is for nglccNY certified businesses to walk away with helpful advice from Corporate Partner representatives.
Apply to pitch at the 2022 nglccNY & EY Biz Pitch HERE.
Although these are mock pitches, these programs are a tremendous opportunity for nglccNY certified businesses to gain the following:
- Constructive feedback to help you improve your pitch, whether a casual elevator pitch or a formal pitch.
- Judgment-free, safe-space for you to practice your pitch. Everyone in the room wants to help you succeed.
- See and be seen by representatives from many Corporate Partners. Participation is a great way to build relationships with key Corporate Partner representatives.
- Learn what other Certified LGBTBE® suppliers do. You will likely be amazed to hear what some of your fellow nglccNY members are up to which could lead to ways for you to work together.
2022 Biz Pitch Dates:
- Round 1: Wednesday, April 27th
- Round 2: Tuesday, June 28th
- Round 3: Tuesday, September 27th
- Round 4 | Finals & M3: Wednesday, December 7
- Best pitch: Full scholarship to the Supplier Diversity Professional Excellence, Tuck Executive Education and Dartmouth for 2023 (approximate value: $5,000)
- Runner-up: Upcoming NGLCC National Dinner Registration for one attendee (approximate value: $750)
- Second Runner-up: Upcoming NGLCC Conference Registration for one attendee (approximate value: $600)
Want to participate in this year's program?
Apply to pitch at the 2022 nglccNY & EY Biz Pitch HERE!
For any questions, comments and/or interest in hosting a Certified Superstar, please contact Suann Ingle, nglccNY Supplier Diversity Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.