Certified Superstar is a mentorship program where businesses that are at least 51% LGBT owned and certified by NGLCC have the opportunity to appear before a panel of professionals from one or more of our corporate partners to provide a “mock” pitch.
For any questions, comments and/or interest in hosting a Certified Superstar, please contact Suann Ingle, nglccNY Supplier Diversity Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certified Supplier Roundtable
nglccNY businesses that are least 51% LGBT owned and certified by NGLCC are invited to attend several Certified Supplier Roundtables throughout the year. Roundtables offer certified businesses the opportunity to discuss best practices, learn from one another as well as from Corporate Partner Procurement and Supplier Diversity representatives, and hear from guest speakers on topics such as leveraging NGLCC certification, preparing for NGLCC national events, and developing your pitch. Prior Roundtables have included:
- Panel discussions with Procurement and Supplier Diversity representatives from NBCUniversal, HBO, Time Warner, PepsiCo, AIG, New York Life, and TD Bank.
- Coaching workshops for businesses interested in participating in nglccNY’s Certified Superstar.
- Guest speakers on topics such as sales, best networking practices, and how to do business with government agencies such as the New York City Department of Education.
In partnership with our corporate partners and various community organizations, nglccNY reaches out to LGBT employee resource groups (ERGs) in the New York Metro area and offers customized interactive panel discussions, workshops and content delivered programming. Hosted by various corporate partners throughout the year, the ERG Roundtable covers a wide range of topics including:
- Re-energizing ERG members and focusing ERG goals.
- Leveraging ERG resources to make a tangible, results-driven impact on company’s strategic direction and corporate decision making.
- Expanding the role ERG’s play in the community through advocacy work and civic involvement.
- Enhancing supply chain diversity: access to high-quality goods and services generated by diverse business owners.